5 pen PC technology is a pen-style computer technology. NEC, a Japanese technology company, created it in 2012. This technology consists of an input device that accepts handwritten input, a Central Processor Unit, a tiny projector, a camera, and a mobile phone.
What is 5 Pen PC Technology?
Pen PC Technology is a computer in the shape of a pen. This computer is constructed with five separate pens, each with its unique functions, hence the name 5 Pen PC Technology. This pen was created in 2012 by NEC, a Japanese technology company. This technology includes a mobile phone, camera, projector, and a central processing unit, among other things (CPU). This gadget accepts handwriting as input and turns it into digital notes with various functionalities.
This gadget communicates with each other and with other devices through the internet via wireless-fidelity (Wi-Fi). It may also be readily connected to mobile phones via Wi-Fi.
Toru Ichihash was the scientist who created this technique. As previously said, we used five pens to construct this gadget, and these five pens function as separate elements of the computer, which are as follows:
- Virtual Keyboard
These pens are linked together by a holder in which they are all put together. These gadgets are battery-powered, and their batteries are charged via the holder. This container is also known as the base, and its major function is to retain these pens and charge their batteries. We can use the internet to turn handwritten notes into digital notes and deliver them via mail.
Working Of 5 Pen PC Technology
This technology produces a keyboard and monitors on a flat surface, similar to how a standard Computer works. It employs a distinct operating system for handwriting detection, which includes handwriting recognition algorithms.
Functionalities of 5 Pen PC Technology
Following are the main functionalities of 5 Pen PC Technology:
- Handwriting Recognition: When we write with a stylus, it recognises it as electronic ink. The programme recognises the electric ink stroke and then use several algorithms to comprehend the pattern created by the electric ink.
- Gesture Recognition: This is a wonderful feature in which the user makes several movements, each of which having a separate meaning aside from the text.
A pig-tail gesture, for example, can be used as a delete command. Hence, if this type of motion is performed with a pen, it will be detected as a delete command and will erase the text or objects where the gesture is performed. This functionality is compatible with Apple’s Newton OS. If we draw a zig-zag pattern on some text, it will quickly remove that text.
Another example that may be utilised to identify unusual patterns is the Pen Point OS.
Examples of 5 Pen PC Technology
- CPU Pen: This pen is the device’s brain. Here is where all of the computations and processing take place.
- Communication Pen: This pen is used as a mobile device as well as an earphone which operates on Bluetooth technology to communicate.
- Keyboard Pen: This pen provides a virtual keyboard that can be effortlessly directed to any flat surface. The virtual keyboard on this pen was created using 3D IR (Infrared) sensors.
- Projector Pen: This pen is a little projector that projects approximately A4 size. The projection’s pixel size or resolution is about 1024×768.
- Camera Pen: This pen functions as a camera, having the ability to take images and record audio and video from a 360-degree perspective.
Pro Tip: The base can also retain the charge, and it can power the gadget for around six days or two weeks if used normally.
The Benefits and Drawbacks of 5 Pen PC Technology
- One of the most significant advantages is that it is extremely portable.
- It has a long battery life, so you don’t have to worry about charging it every day.
- It lowers electronic waste due to its design.
- In terms of weight, it is significantly lighter than a standard computer.
- Costs are reduced as a result of virtualization.
- It uses wireless technology, making it considerably more contemporary and user-friendly.
- The design and setup are really difficult. Each pen should be perfectly positioned; else, it will harm the technology and the overall system.
- Because this technology is so new, the cost is quite expensive owing to a variety of commercial considerations.
- Because it only works with wireless technology, the range in which this item may function is limited.